resistance equalizing or integrating MP3 module into JVC boombox

kdobrev

Joined Aug 1, 2012
Hi guys,

First of all my letter "a" is having some problems so its missing too often to correct it every time. Sorry about that:)

I have a JVC Kaboom cassette and CD player and I want to add an mp3 module in it so I can be able to play mp3s off of it.

My plan is to attach the output of the mp3 module to the AUX of my JVC internally and use the front pnel buttons as contols. The button I was thinking bout are the following: "<<", "stop" and ">>" and when the JVC is in AUX mode they do nothing. So was doing to use << >> as designed and use "stop" for play function of the MP3 player.
When I disassembled everything I found out that they use different resistors on the same wire track to send their signals: what I mean is there re two wires/tracks/terminal points and every button pressed makes different resistance between these two terminal points.
It is as follows: << = 2 Ω, stop = 20 Ω and >> = 10 Ω

My MP3 module on the other hand has specifications as follows:
"<<" = 200k, ">>" = 330k and "play" = 0 ohm

My question is can I use PIC microcontroller to somehow achieve this. I currently have pic16f84a, but I doubt it can do the job. Also I am still learning to make the simplest things with the PIC, so please be more explanatory in your posts. If you have the time to support what you write with an example it would be great :)

Service Manual for JVC Kaboom rv-55gy/bu/ltd:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8HiA2x_ezmXb2VyUWhEclJ1cTQ/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks for reading this awfully wrong post

Attachments

Last edited: