Reset the Net

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by praondevou, Mar 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. praondevou

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Jul 9, 2011
    https://www.resetthenet.org/

Well, certainly looks like a nice idea. But way too complex for an user with below than average programming skills or internet knowledge to implement.
    The internet has become SO complex that I doubt you can protect yourself from gov spying or any other superhacker.

Any knowledgeable user here who can shed some light? IMO even if I encrypt everything they still going to find a way in my computer. Starting from operating system weakness to the little port I didn't close, a bug in a firewall or whatever. We can only make it harder for them but we can't protect from professional hackers.

2. Sparky49

Jul 16, 2011
    What if I want to be watched?

3. praondevou

Jul 9, 2011
    Then you are a special case. :D

I don't like if somebody watches through my windows too see what I'm doing.

I think it was in the UK where millions of private videochat pictures where monitored and stored.Was in the news recently.

Metalmann likes this.
  4. Metalmann

Dec 8, 2012

Yes, added to that; the British gave away their gun rights. :D

Privacy, is only a generation away from Tyranny.

Some, will always be brainwashed to believe; that any Government or agency entity, has any rights to our individual privacy.

"Give them an inch, and they will take a mile".

PackratKing likes this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Just a couple of days ago I read about the NSA planting several kinds of viruses in computers all over the world. They don't just report your keystrokes and websites, they activate your microphone and camera to watch you and listen to "any nearby conversations".

The NSA also bugs internet, "hubs" to collect private information, and play, "man in the middle", and "man on the side" hacks, besides logging your keystrokes before you encrypt your messages. You can't even have a private, face to face conversation unless you make everyone present disable their smart phone.

I'll go poke around ad see if I can find the link.

Here ya' go, The Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...6d2646-ade9-11e3-a49e-76adc9210f19_story.html

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Leave the window shades open. :D

7. Metalmann

Dec 8, 2012

That reminds me of "The Harper Valley PTA", by Jeannie C. Riley.:D

PackratKing likes this.
  8. praondevou

Jul 9, 2011
    In short there is no way to protect ourselves from spying. Other than not using telephones and the internet.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Worse than that. There are cameras everywhere and several countries are using flying drones to spy on the general population. It has been decades since the technology was invented to listen to you through the closed windows of your home. If you're lucky, there are no cameras in your toilet.

Metalmann likes this.
  10. Metalmann

Dec 8, 2012

The worst part is, that there are still TOO many Americans out there who keep voting for the same people, who over and over again; get paid on a daily basis, to take away our freedoms and privacy.
    Will people never learn?:(
    I stopped voting in 1960.;):D

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    South Park: "Sometimes the only choice you have is a turd sandwich or a giant douche".
    I'm afraid that's all the choice we have left in the U.S.A.

12. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    Thread closed for obvious reasons.

But I should be verbose and state that those reasons are political ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.