Require a Sample program

devilfrmheaven

Joined Oct 28, 2009
Hi All,

I am new with PIC, I am trying to make pic micro controllers communicate with each other. Somewhat like a remote controller. Can anybody give me a sample program so that I can refer it and write a program myself?

I was trying to use HT12E and HT12D for this but i cannot use it to contol my application via PC.

I am trying to integrate 3 types of interfaces

1) Wired contoller
2) RF remote control
3) Control Via PC

Can anybody help me find resources or sample code so that I can accomplish this task?

Thanks
Devil

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Hey Devil, when did you get turfed out of heaven?

On the RF, over what distance you need to communicate (back to heaven?:)) ?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Nice devices. You know what I like about this AAC forum? I get others to do the research and report back with what is out there.

I was trying to use HT12E and HT12D for this but i cannot use it to contol my application via PC.
Waddaya mean you can't get it to work via a PC? You should be able to get this baby sending at 4800 or 9600 baud from a PC. What help do you need?

devilfrmheaven

Joined Oct 28, 2009
I am trying to control say a robotic car via pic. There are so many components that I should be able to manage for this task and at the same time I should get a feed back from the car that what ever command was given to the car was executed.

Suppose you turned on the head lights of the car from distance using your remote control. I should be able to turn it off from a wired console inside the car or maybe through a LAN. Similarly, I should get a real time status of what all things are activated in the car.

For instance
1) Check if the head lights are turned on.
2) check if the doors are locked.
3) check if the hand breaks are activated or not.
etc etc...

Since HT12E and HT12D do not support these kind of complex functionality I would like to use PIC Microcontroller.
I have not worked with PIC so I would like to know how to turn on and off the ports of a PIC from another PIC.

The method should support wired and wireless communication.

Last edited:

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
So you design a master/slave communications network.
Define who is going to be the master and then you can have as many slaves as you wish.
(Sorry about the objectionable hierarchical terminology but that's what it is called).