Replacing 3.7v battery questions...

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by UnnamedUser159, May 19, 2016.

1. UnnamedUser159

Thread Starter Member

May 3, 2016
    Hi there.
    The device uses
    E505068 120503
    1800mah 3.7V 6.66Wh
    It has 3 connections(wires) to the board of the device(Cutepad Q5) - black, yellow and red.
    I see the same battery in my country but it has only 2 wires.
    Maybe third is some heat protection. I am scaren on my own to make the changes and am asking for advice :)
    The woman is taxi driver and uses it for "taking addresses"

Thanks in advance!
  2. wayneh

Sep 9, 2010
    It might be heat sensing or a way to isolate two cells for separate charge control. A quick search didn't turn up anything.
  3. UnnamedUser159

Thread Starter Member

May 3, 2016
    Do i think right ?
    Maybe the original battery is better than the possible new which i can take with 2 links, but the new is also a option?
    I can purchase the new one and try to full charge it and see if it gonna goes hot or not? If not i can make full discharge though some application with video and if everything is fine totally everything is ok?

Nice day;

What if i take only controller from old battery and connect it to new cells?
    Last edited: May 20, 2016
  4. KeepItSimpleStupid

Mar 4, 2014
    Not really sure what your question is?

The third wire COULD be:
    1) Thermister which is common in a Li-Ion battery. Although there are usually 4 terminals.
    2) Some sort of battery ID from an IC to even a simple resistor.
  5. JMac3108

Aug 16, 2010
    The third wire in a Li-Ion battery is normally from a thermistor that is mounted inside the battery to monitor the temperature on the Li-Ion cells. The charger uses this to disable charging if the cells get too hot.