Repairing/replaceing a small motor

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
As promised - a small sample of supplies for technical credo, or " bragging rights " ... :D

The large object needless to say is a pin-vice... really the only tool I will recommend for taps this tiny, to give enough tactile torque control for the job.

These taps were originally obtained through the Camera repair school, circa 1976 - I don't know if the Yamawa brand is still available.
Matching dies for these, are really hard to find, but I imagine are available through something like a jewelers, or a watchmaker supply house...

P.S. I googled ' yamawa tools ' they are still there, and the Alibaba websit lists them as both Japan, and China Mainland... FWIW

Attachments

Last edited:

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
As promised - a small sample of supplies for technical credo, or " bragging rights " ... :D

The large object needless to say is a pin-vice... really the only tool I will recommend for taps this tiny, to give enough tactile torque control for the job.

These taps were originally obtained through the Camera repair school, circa 1976 - I don't know if the Yamawa brand is still available.
Matching dies for these, are really hard to find, but I imagine are available through something like a jewelers, or a watchmaker supply house...

P.S. I googled ' yamawa tools ' they are still there, and the Alibaba websit lists them as both Japan, and China Mainland... FWIW

I have the same tap holder (small cylinder with collets on each end) on the lower right of the photo. I was just looking at it last week and I couldn't remember what it was for - it wasn't with my micro-taps. I haven't used it in 20 years to tap a hole. Thanks for the extra effort of including a photo, PackratKing. Your timing was perfect.