Repairing OS-310m Scope.

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by stts, Oct 14, 2013.

1. stts

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 10, 2013
    My scope died. Super bummer. And its not a fuse, or capacitor or shorted regulator. Its much worse than that. The Atmel ATF1508AS programed PLD chip has developed an internal short. I can get, and even solder a new chip. But the fuse program inside the chip that makes this an O-scope is not available anywhere. My only hope is somebody else with a scope like this. There is a JTAG port on the inside used to program that chip. I ordered a Byteblaster cable from Ebay for $10 and downloaded the free Atmel programming software. If somebody else was able to read the program from their JTAG port and post it on the internet, I could replace the chip and reload the fuse pattern. Otherwise, there is little hope of repairing my scope. Theres a unit like this now on Ebay, but they want $1200 for it. It is certainly not worth that. New ones these days are way cheaper with better features. But its worth fixing for $20 if I had the program code. What an utter bad luck thing to go bad. My EZ Digital OS-310M was a great scope till it died.

2. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
    Why not contact manufacturer and get the software from them?

3. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    It's unlikely since he is basically asking for their proprietary firmware that makes their product work.

4. stts

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 10, 2013
    The company is in Korea. I sent them an email, but all they said was product was discontinued and theres no support for it. So Im on my own.

5. esgrimae

Jan 3, 2014
    I just buy 3 useded os 310m scope that are working if you give me the instruccions, software link, and cable jtag pinout if is posible some picture jtag conector i send to you the original code

6. KOTOR

Feb 13, 2015
    I know this is an older post, but I have a good working OS-310m and need the software to link it to a PC, anyone have it plz? It is abandonware, the company that bought LG Precision instruments went bankrupt in about 2001.