Repairing 60 inch tv

Stk.Goose

Joined Jul 23, 2015
I ordered the parts and had to open a dispute on eBay because the selling didn't send I till I messaged eBay because it was over the arrival day . But will post when they come in fingers crossed

Stk.Goose

Joined Jul 23, 2015
finally the parts came in bwilliams and tv powers on but their are dark spots on the screen. i removed the up buffer and it was the same and when i removed the lower buffer you can see parts of the screen with the same black spots so i am assuming it is the upper buffer defective but happy made progress now when i replaced the rf2001 . Is it hard to repair a buffer board or what should i check on those.

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
Show screen shots of problem. Also, when you blew new transistors from the kit, did you replace them and double check that they are identical to ones being replaced?

Stk.Goose

Joined Jul 23, 2015
It took me a while but I ended up changing some diodes on the buffer board and it is in full working condition , took a while but it was a fun experience . Thanks bwilliams60 for all the help, kinda got demotivated with all the people on here being negative and saying that it was pointless or not worth repairing at component level which was the reason I join the site in the first place for tips . But hopefully things keep going well. So far I got 7 tvs fixed and counting.

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
Good job. Never be discouraged by nay-sayers on here. Imagine our world if our greatest inventors gave up because someone said "you can't do that". Fixing TV's at the component level is fun and if you stick with a few basic models, it becomes easier as you go. The other forum you posted on is better for TV repair help. Some of the guys on there are really sharp and very helpful. TV' repair does not go over too well on this site unfortunately. Good luck in your adventures. I know I am having fun doing it.

pafitis

Joined May 8, 2015
So its LG.....eehh??.the old good time problem....no video !!! are you using 75 ohms aerial cable direct on your set?
If yes you had a bad video tuner (its a BIG mess tryin to solder/disolder, i believe me you loosing your time),try to connect a DTV and use the 3x RCA cable (VIDEO/AUDIO L/R) to the recpective inputs. Don't forget to select your source (i.e Aerial, AV, HDMI etc.)
Try it and you will remember me.

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
So its LG.....eehh??.the old good time problem....no video !!! are you using 75 ohms aerial cable direct on your set?
If yes you had a bad video tuner (its a BIG mess tryin to solder/disolder, i believe me you loosing your time),try to connect a DTV and use the 3x RCA cable (VIDEO/AUDIO L/R) to the recpective inputs. Don't forget to select your source (i.e Aerial, AV, HDMI etc.)
Try it and you will remember me.
Too little....too late. If you read post #26, the OP has repaired the set already.

pafitis

Joined May 8, 2015
Too little....too late. If you read post #26, the OP has repaired the set already.
I know that you had repair your set and its good for you, that you had try and fix it your own.
But what about the AV source ?? does your TV its setup with 75ohm TV aerial???