Repair the instrument

EzerElectrical

Joined Sep 30, 2011
Please help me:
How to repair instrument which is error caused by welding work?
The instrument output 4-20mA become error, in which the output become always 20mA because of welding work. Can the instrument be repaired?
Thank you

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Please help me:
How to repair instrument which is error caused by welding work?
The instrument output 4-20mA become error, in which the output become always 20mA because of welding work. Can the instrument be repaired?
Thank you
I'm going to say NO, only because I have to type in a minimal number of characters

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
Option 1:
I'm going to go out on a limb here but not to worry because I've done this here before. Place your right hand on the mystery instrument in question and and your left hand on your PC's monitor. Be sure that you don't mix up your right hand from your left because this won't work if they're reversed. Now, while you're hands are making contact close your left eye and look closely at your instrument with your right eye. Maintain this position for 65 seconds because it takes that long for the data to be reliably transfered to the internet when using broad band. This is a form of 'Vulcan Mind Meld'.

Option 2:
Post more information and photos if need be.

panic mode

Joined Oct 10, 2011
Suppose the instrument was repaired or replaced. What do you plan to do with it?
there is a reason that instrument failed. repair or getting new instrument will not accomplish anything without changing something else in the system to stop this from happening again.

CDRIVE

Joined Jul 1, 2008
there is a reason that instrument failed. repair or getting new instrument will not accomplish anything without changing something else in the system to stop this from happening again.
You may be correct but at this point I think you're being very presumptuous. We don't even know what the instrument is,... or if it's even related to the welding apparatus. For all we know it could be something that was laying on the welding table that shouldn't have been. It could be an instrument that was being welded. Perhaps something that was plugged into a nearby receptacle and the OP thinks a spike killed it.

This is all conjecture because we don't know anything; with the exception of the words "instrument" and "welding work".