Remotely controlled beeping device

technoyos

Joined Nov 27, 2012
Hello All,
First, please forgive my noobness.
I want to try to build a device that beeps. The duration of the beep is fixed, but the frequency (how many time the device should beep in a minute) should be variable, depending on user input. The whole device should be as small as possible and water proof.
I would prefer to be able to control the beep frequency remotely - perhaps from a mobile phone or from something like a remote controller. The beeping unit should be kept simple as possible.
Any ideas on how I can achieve this?

Thanks, Yossi

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
What range do you need? You need waterproof, but not under water, right? Passing a signal to an underwater device is more complicated.

Do you need a non-directional remote, ie. NOT an IR TV remote that is line-of sight?

And just thinking about the frequency control, could you live with several levels as opposed to a continuous adjustment. I'm just thinking it might simplify things to have a fixed number of signals - like channels on a TV - that correspond to instructions for the beeping rate.

technoyos

Joined Nov 27, 2012
I'm looking for a range of 10-20 meters. I don't need underwater capabilities.
I guess, if it simplifies things, I can leave with several (perhaps 10-20) fixed frequencies. I need a non directional remote.

Thanks!