Remotely controlled beeping device

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by technoyos, Nov 27, 2012.

1. technoyos

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Hello All,
    First, please forgive my noobness.
    I want to try to build a device that beeps. The duration of the beep is fixed, but the frequency (how many time the device should beep in a minute) should be variable, depending on user input. The whole device should be as small as possible and water proof.
    I would prefer to be able to control the beep frequency remotely - perhaps from a mobile phone or from something like a remote controller. The beeping unit should be kept simple as possible.
    Any ideas on how I can achieve this?

Thanks, Yossi
  2. wayneh

Sep 9, 2010
    What range do you need? You need waterproof, but not under water, right? Passing a signal to an underwater device is more complicated.

Do you need a non-directional remote, ie. NOT an IR TV remote that is line-of sight?

And just thinking about the frequency control, could you live with several levels as opposed to a continuous adjustment. I'm just thinking it might simplify things to have a fixed number of signals - like channels on a TV - that correspond to instructions for the beeping rate.
  3. technoyos

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 27, 2012
    I'm looking for a range of 10-20 meters. I don't need underwater capabilities.
    I guess, if it simplifies things, I can leave with several (perhaps 10-20) fixed frequencies. I need a non directional remote.