Remote boot opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffy2707

Joined Apr 23, 2015
Hi All, I'm in need of some help.

My project is to make a remote boot lid opener on my car using the original key fob. When I press the boot release, it sends a positive pulse to a solenoid to release the catch. what I wish to do is to piggy back this signal to a set of relays to activate an actuator that will open the boot lid for me, i then use the same button press to have the boot close(reverse polarity). I've asked many other people and I've gotten close to what I wish to accomplish but not quite there. in my quest so far, I've acquired different types of relays as the pic shows. the actuator has inbuilt limiting switches and draws approximately 5amps.

Any help will be appreciated, please keep in mind that I NEED it to be put into very plain english or even in pictures

Attachments

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
While I understand what you are looking to do, unfortunately automotive discussions involving automotive modifications are against the forums rules.

Ron

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
The owners of All About Circuits has elected not to host discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

Terms of Service (ToS)
6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies

Automotive modifications of any kind are strictly forbidden. Therefore, this thread will be closed.

Please try to understand the reasons behind this action, and feel free to browse and use the forums.

You might find answers to your questions in one of these forums:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=54400

Another good forum that shares many of the same membership is http://www.electro-tech-online.com/ . Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.