Relief Biometrics?

Brun

Joined Jul 20, 2014
Is there any type of system/sensor/laser able to analize and recognize our body by its relief? for example... an optic laser which instead of reading the retina of the eye... it would read the eyebrow, eyelashes, shapes...

Im new on the forum/totally noob on electronics and no native english speaker so... sorry in advance if i made any mistake there :p

Also thx for your attention!

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Cameras and facial feature recognition, or emotion/mood recognition are very standard these days.

You could google for that. :)

Interesting product, is there a video of this that you know of. As it is I am skeptical about this... but then I was skeptical about 3D printing too and stand corrected today.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
It appears you were asking a 3D question and got a 2D answer. The facial recognition software, such as the "Faces" capability of iPhoto, operates with 2D data.

I'm sure the 3D recognition software is out there, and in use by law enforcement for instance, but I'm not aware of commonly used commercial products for either collecting data or for doing the analysis. Not a common chore for most folks.

Brun

Joined Jul 20, 2014
Interesting product, is there a video of this that you know of. As it is I am skeptical about this... but then I was skeptical about 3D printing too and stand corrected today.
Actually shakilabanu this is relationated with the 3D printers! There are a lot of videos on the tube and blogs, you just have to look for the name: Sense (3D scanner) :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLFonu92Wn4 i believe you would specially like this video, is a test.

Thx again for the replies! I do know it is not a common chore for most folks... tell me about it :p but is there already, every year more developed, cheap and ready to blow my mind with its possibilities.