Relay Trigger Interference Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peace9Love9Hope

Joined May 2, 2015
I am an MECP installer. I am trying to get a relay negative trigger from a circuit board in the headlight turn signal switch of a car. It is a data/low voltage system. When I hook a relay negative trigger to the negative trigger on the switch, I get back feed/interference on the headlight switch, because there is positive current grounding through it from the relay, and it changes the resistance/data in the circuit on the switch; which changes the signal to the computer and causes weird things to happen in the car. Once the relay is disconnected, the system goes back to normal.

I need to know how to isolate this or figure out another way to get this negative trigger. This switch seems to be the only way (after inspecting All Data diagrams for the vehicle), because after this constant signal is sent to the computer of the vehicle, the computer changes it to a non-constant/pulsing signal that I can't use.

My intent is to get a constant trigger for when either of the turn signals are started; so that I can switch an LED circuit to the turn signal circuit, instead of the parking light circuit it is at normally. On older cars you could hook into the negative trigger at the Flasher. These newer cars use a computer to flash the blinker which makes it more difficult.

Any ideas?

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

Quote:
6. Restricted topics.

The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This comes from our Tos:
Terms of Service
There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
Member selected automotive forums

Bertus