Relay pump control

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by conny46, Apr 8, 2009.

1. conny46

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 8, 2009
    I have just got involved with hydroponics, and have very limited knowledge of electronics, just the basics. I use regular digital timers, that I plug my submersible pumps (220V AC) directly into.
    I would like to have a circuit that plugs into the timer, that has one outlet that starts pump # 1 (Main tank) when the timer kicks in. This pumps the nutrient from the main tank into a small controller tank (Flood cycle).

The controller tank has a high level and a low level switch, which controls the level of nutrient in the planter buckets, that it is linked to with PE tubing. The controller tank also has a submersible pump #2.
    When the timer times out and shuts off pump #1, I need pump #2 to kick in and pump the nutrient back to the main tank thus emptying the planter buckets (ebb or drain cycle). When the nutrient level drops to the low level switch sensor, pump #2 should switch off.

I can buy the level control circuit from a kit supplier here in Thailand. But could not explain the above to them, as they speak only Thai, and I dont speak enough Thai.
    I would love to learn electronics, but I guess I'm too old, and dont have a lot of time on my hands, as I am also working with my fabrication business, and my hobby (hudroponics) which is also full time as I am just learning about it.
    I have come across this system on the web and they sell the whole system for several hundred dollars see the small attachment of their timer and control Container.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009