Relay and or timer ?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by kwtubman, Feb 18, 2010.

1. kwtubman

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Hi,
    I am trying to find out if there is an alterative to my problem, I have a dock where birds come by possibly a 100 at a time. I came up with a pulse sprinkler head, and a motion sensor (110 volt) which activates a small step down transformer to a 24 volt sprinkler valve which in turn kicks the sprinkler on, which works great when it works. Unfortunately it malfunctions more that it works. My question is does someone make something like a timer and or relay that would always be connected to a 110 volt power source, then kick on every 10 or 15 minutes for only 3 to 5 seconds to my 24 volt sprinkler valve. It would always be connected to a 110 volt power source then send a one shot surge of 24 volts to the sprinkler valve and only stay on 3 to 5 seconds to scare the birds off, and then just continue the process every 10 or 15 minutes. Thanks Paul

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2010
  2. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    actually, why not get a sprinkler system controller??? it will do exactly as you want and can be programmed for it to come on at any time and run for as long as you you want....

My .02

3. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    My water timer only gives 15 min. increments, no 3-5 sec bursts. Might dig out the old 555 timer IC & a solid state relay.