Relationship of pulse response to frequency, help

terrakota

Joined Feb 8, 2005
Hi,

I'm studing that relationship but i cant figure out how to solve a simple problem from my book:

What is the highest frequency component in the output of an integrator with t=10 micro seconds? assume the 5t < tw.(5 time constanst is < than pulse width).
i know the formula fh = 0.35/tr, but my answer is not right, any idea?.

the book answer is 15.9 khz, but i dont know how to achieve that result.

please excuse my poor english and thanks for any help.

Brandon

Joined Dec 14, 2004
Originally posted by terrakota@Sep 16 2005, 04:23 PM
Hi,

I'm studing that relationship but i cant figure out how to solve a simple problem from my book:

What is the highest frequency component in the output of an integrator with t=10 micro seconds? assume the 5t < tw.(5 time constanst is < than pulse width).

[post=10387]Quoted post[/post]​
Is that the actual question from the book?

Also, what subject, it may give us an idea how you need to solve it. Technically, a pulse has tons of frequency components. Numerous harmonics at odd intervals, very much like a triangle wave but with a different set of coefficients, but convoling the pulse with an integrator is going to filter out many of the higher frequencies.

terrakota

Joined Feb 8, 2005
Originally posted by Brandon@Sep 17 2005, 09:22 PM
Is that the actual question from the book?

Also, what subject, it may give us an idea how you need to solve it. Technically, a pulse has tons of frequency components. Numerous harmonics at odd intervals, very much like a triangle wave but with a different set of coefficients, but convoling the pulse with an integrator is going to filter out many of the higher frequencies.
[post=10410]Quoted post[/post]​
yes its the book question,
the subjet im studing is "pulse response of reactive circuits" from the book "principles of electric circuits" by FLOYD

thanks for reply

aac

Joined Jun 13, 2005
Originally posted by terrakota@Sep 16 2005, 04:23 PM
Hi,

[post=10387]Quoted post[/post]​

I'm gussing 10 uS is the time constant and that your integrator is just an RC circuit, because of the description of the course given. The 3db frequency of the RC circuit would be given by:

f = 1/ 2*pi*RC

Good luck.