Regulated power supply

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by NTCM, Apr 17, 2013.

1. NTCM

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 17, 2013
    Dear all

Could you please help as soon as possible

for the below project i need the circuit diagram and theory calculation

(Design and implement 8.2v Regulated power supply using full-wave bridge rectifier (use zener diode for voltage regulation)

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    This isn't a free engineering service. It is rare that we work out a full schematic for anyone, especially in a manner of doing their homework for them.

3. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Is there any particular format they we should use? Should we save you the hassle of turning it and just submit it directly to your instructor for you?

If you want "help", then you need to show YOUR efforts to solve YOUR homework problem (for which YOU will receive a grade and WE will receive NOTHING). If you put in an honest effort, you will find the people here will bend over backwards to help you find your way to a solution. But if you just want the work done for you, you will discover that this becomes a pretty harsh place.

4. NTCM

Apr 17, 2013
    Dears
    Just i want to Guide me, support and how i will start from member experince

5. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Well perhaps your books can offer some help for your project. You have also your good old friend google. A quick google search with "full wave rectifier" may help you out. The first hit in the list is this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectifier

NTCM likes this.
  6. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    My "member experience" is telling me that you aren't interested in putting in any effort on your own and just want a handout. That doesn't get you far here.

You need to post SOME attempt at a solution. It doesn't have to be much. But keep in mind that we start from YOUR attempt, so the more effort you put into that the quicker things will get moving.

7. bountyhunter

Sep 7, 2009
    Hard to sympathize..... all you have to do is a Google search for power supply circuit, do a screen snag on the image and post that as a starting point.:p

8. NTCM

Apr 17, 2013
    after searching i connect the element as sequnace

the input is 220/240 v output 8.2v

1-Transformer (for step down)-2-Bridge diodes-3-Capacitor-4-zener diode

9. NTCM

Apr 17, 2013
    Many Thanks dear for guide :) i want like this step by step that i can learn i will add my diagram after test

Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  10. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Should it not be a resistor in series with zener. If not the zener will go up in smoke ;) Again refer to your school books about this

11. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    This is not an adequate description of your circuit since there are numerous ways to connect them up. Please provide some kind of diagram. It doesn't have to be fancy. Paint will work just fine.

12. NTCM

Apr 17, 2013
    I hope to give me your opinion about the circuit i draw using multisim after reading the information from internet and i saw many diagram i you have any comments please advice (the Voutput 8.2 v using zener diode as regulater see the attachment

• PSR.jpg
      PSR.jpg
      File size:
      55.5 KB
      Views:
  13. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    NTCM likes this.