registers and registers transfer

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by full, Oct 23, 2014.

1. full

Thread Starter Member

May 3, 2014
    Hello
    I do this problem in registers and registers transfer (BCD synchronous counter) ....
    I have problem in D3 =D8 , I should use only XOR and AND in this counter ...
    what I will do to change the D3 in XOR and AND same D8?

thanks

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  2. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Your first two images are well over a megabyte in size each and there is no way I am going to download them. Try to reduce the size/resolution to something reasonable and then we can give it a shot.

3. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    WBahn,

I was looking through the camera settings on my smart phone. The image size is defaulted to 4160 px by 2390 px. However, the lowest setting is 1 Megapixel or 1280 px by 960 px.

There is also a setting to go gray scale.

I think I'll start reminding people to lower their image size on their phone and go to gray scale.

4. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Alas, I don't have a phone with a camera (and more than willing to keep it that way), but I do often either scan things in or, more likely, do a screen capture. In either case I often get images that are far too large to reasonably upload. While I have a couple of better utilities to manipulate images, I generally just open the image in Paint and resize it. I will usually then save it as a PNG file and, if that doesn't seem small enough, might save it as a JPG file though, for the types of images posted here, that usually results in a significantly bigger file.

For instance, now that I am at work with a real internet connection (SO NICE!), I downloaded the 1.8 MB file, opened it in Paint, resized it to 300x400 pixels, and saved it as a PNG file. The result is only 202 kB, nearly 1/10 the size, and still quite readable. Because it is an photo and because that is what JPEG is designed for, saving it in JPEG resulted in a file that is only 40 kB. That is shown below:

20141023_1539311.jpg

absf likes this.
  5. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    I looking over the information provided, I haven't got much of a clue as to what is being asked. He talks about D3 = D8 but I don't see a D8 anywhere.

OP: You need to more clearly explain what the actual problem is that you are working on and what issue you are having with it, making sure that all of the terms you use are well defined. I suspect that we have an "English as a second language" issue at play, but we can struggle through that.

6. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Bill,

All my screen captures are in paint, saved as .png

Alt-prt scrn will just capture the open pane and not the whole screen.

Although the smallest picture from the phone will cover a desktop, the size would be less, certainly less than 1 MB.

(Sarcasm) There are ways to make them smaller ....but tbat would require the time strapped student to lose valuable partying time. (/sarcasm)

7. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    It's handy to know about Alt-PrntScrn. I've just been using Ctrl-PrntScrn which, with dual monitors, captures a huge image. There was a time when you could never know whether to use PrntScrn by itself or with Shift, Alt, or Ctrl or some combination of them. I found that Ctrl-PrntScrn generally behaved reasonably consistently and so have just used it and dealt with the consequences from there. But the later versions of Paint have a very nice cropping feature where you just select the part of the image you want to keep and hit the Crop icon and you are done. Saving it as a PNG from there is often adequate, though I generally resize it to about 300 pixels wide (if it is larger) since that seems to be a decent rendering in most browsers these days.

8. MrCarlos

Jan 2, 2010
    Hello full

Based on the text of your original message:

I have problem in D3 = D8 , I should use only XOR and AND in this counter ...
    Yes, indeed you should use only XOR and AND gates.

what I will do to change the D3 in XOR and AND same D8?
    Look at the attached images. is likely to find the solution.

Remember:
    Not everyone uses the same symbols.

full and absf like this.
  9. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Okay, I do now see where figures useD8 and that, in other figures, that same signal is called D3, hence the D3=D8 claim.

The equation for D8 is expressed only in terms of AND and XOR operations, so is the problem one of not seeing how to interpret a Boolean expression in terms of the direct gate implementation it represents?

In general, if you have NOT gates and either AND or OR gates, then you can implement ANY Boolean logic using just those gates. Since an XOR gate can be configured as a NOT gate, you have everything you need.

10. full

Thread Starter Member

May 3, 2014
    I very sorry for image size ,I don't know how change the size for image and very sorry for my poor English.....

11. full

Thread Starter Member

May 3, 2014
    thanks a lot sir

12. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    If you are using a Windows OS, the Paint (which comes with it -- under Accessories in most versions) is more than sufficient and very easy to use. Don't worry about your English, which I assure you is far superior to my ability in your native tongue, whatever that might be.