register problems

electronics1

Joined Aug 21, 2009
I want to register in other user name, I fill all the information but this site don't send to my email anything and because of this I can't activate.
How I can solve this problem ?​

i recieve this notice

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

It is not allowed to have "multiple identities" on this forum.
The system probably sees that you already have registered and blocks the second attemp.

Greetings,
Bertus

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

As far as I know only administrators can change the user name.
Changing the user name has also consequences on the postings that already have been made.

Greetings,
Bertus

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
So the OP needs to send a note to Dave with his request?

Still, it sounds like something else is going on.

Question for the OP: Did you try using a different email address when reregistering? This may be the hang up.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I know the email is checked, so if the OP uses a different email account (I personally have 3, and maintain my deceased Dads account on the side) the problem could just go away.

Otherwise jrap will probably have to take care of it. We haven't seen Dave in several months.

jrap

Joined Jun 25, 2006
With some of the free email providers, the registration email can end up in the Spam folder for some reason. Be sure to look in there.

Username changes are usually only done for folks that register mistakenly with the username as their real name or email, and would prefer to participate with a more anonymous name. However, if you really need yours changed please PM me rather than create a new account.

Rob