regarding voltage triggered switch

prajal

Joined May 5, 2015
i need to design a voltage triggered switch circuit...
basically the input is varying from 0 to 20v..
i need the output high when the input is between 0 to 2v
and the output should be low as it crosses 2v upto 20v

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
What supply voltage to power the circuit?
What kind of output?
What load is it switching?
How many Amps is it switching?
How precise does the trip point need to be? 2+-x mV?
How temperature stable does the trip point need to be?
What impedance does it have to present to the input voltage?

You should put a lot more effort into specifying what you are asking for instead of forcing us to play twenty questions...

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The Completed Projects Forum is for Completed Projects only. It is meant to allow members to show plans for projects they built so other members can duplicate them if desired. Your thread does not belong in this forum, and was moved here.

prajal

Joined May 5, 2015
What supply voltage to power the circuit?
What kind of output?
What load is it switching?
How many Amps is it switching?
How precise does the trip point need to be? 2+-x mV?
How temperature stable does the trip point need to be?
What impedance does it have to present to the input voltage?

You should put a lot more effort into specifying what you are asking for instead of forcing us to play twenty questions...
oops sorry for the inconvenience..this is my 1st thread..so please be kind...
1-12v dc directly from the battery..regulators can be used(say if the circuit needs 5v)
2-5v dc
3-it is not switching much load...actually there is a separate solenoid present in between the motor and this circuit .... it is sufficient if it can give the output <very small current> just to trigger the solenoid
4-i dont know exactly how many amps it is switching ... but since the solenoid is present..i can say small current is sufficient
5-precision can be just .1v.....it is preferential if i can vary the trip voltage
6- it need not be that temperature stable..sufficient if it can withstand the range 10deg to 50deg
7-sorry i dint understand the last one

prajal

Joined May 5, 2015
The Completed Projects Forum is for Completed Projects only. It is meant to allow members to show plans for projects they built so other members can duplicate them if desired. Your thread does not belong in this forum, and was moved here.
sorry for the inconvenience...this is my first thread.. so please be kind:)

MikeML

Joined Oct 2, 2009
I assume that by "solenoid", you mean a 12Vdc relay with a coil resistance of ~120Ω.

Here is a simple adjustable circuit:

205.gif