REGARDING THE DUTY CYCLE OF PWM

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by magnolias, Dec 3, 2008.

1. magnolias

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 3, 2008
    HELLO ,

COULD ANYONE TELL ME /EXPLAIN HOW DOES THE DUTY CYCLE OF A PWM(DRV-101) VARY WHEN THE INPUT IS OF VOLTAGE LEVELS BETWEEN 0.75 AND 3.7V( THIS VOLTAGE LEVELS ARE FROM A VOL TO FREQUENCY CONVERTER VFC32).I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO KNOW THE AMPLITUDE OF THE RESULTANT PWM WAVE.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    It's the average voltage of the output. You filter out the AC, and you're left with the DC component.

3. magnolias

Dec 3, 2008
    THE OUTPUT FREQUENCY OF THE PWM IS AROUND 24 KHZ.....ANYHELP REGARDING THIS WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED

4. magnolias

Dec 3, 2008
    HELLO BILL,

THANK YOU FOR THE REPLY ,BUT COULD YOU EXPLAIN THAT IN DETAIL BECAUSE I AM A BIT WEAK IN THIS.

5. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Many devices, like motors or lights, respond to the average power. I don't know anything about your basic circuit you are refering to, but PWM is basic theory.

[​IMG]

Visualize a RC circuit attacted to a PWM circuit, the red lines would show how the voltages would average.

• PWM.GIF
      PWM.GIF
      File size:
      6.8 KB
      Views:
  6. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
  7. magnolias

Dec 3, 2008
    Hello Bill ,

I was actually referring to the circuit discussed in the following link.

http://electronicdesign.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=6168

The link for the circuit diagram is mentioned in the above link but just in case i am sending you the link . Any help about how the o/p of vfc (which is sent as the input to drv 101) affects drv101 and the duty cycle .

8. magnolias

Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2008