reg pic18f4550

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by ashrok, Mar 17, 2009.

1. ashrok

Thread Starter Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Hi
    We r using a pic18f4550 mcu. An ICSP was built and we were able to do the basic led flashing programs using microC.
    v installed the EasyHID tool provided by mecanique website.
    we tried to connect our pic ic to the PC via USB. Tried putting the cdc bootloader and later the hid bootloader file. both didn't work..it said "device not recognized"

can any1 give the bootloader file that u have already worked with?

thanx in advance,
    Ashrok

2. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
  3. ashrok

Thread Starter Member

Feb 22, 2009
    hi
    thanx for the reply
    im a newbie to the usb interfacing and stuff. i hope the reply is appropriate for the question. :)
    I m planning to use easyhid software(or is there any other way?).
    I initially didn't use a Vusb capacitor.after using 470nf now the device is detected.
    I'd put in the bootloader provided by microchip framework's picdemfsusb.hex.from factory hex files for microchip usb demo boards.

now the mcu with usb connectors on the bread board is detected as pic18f4550 demo board 0. that is giving headache.

We decided to build the demo board by ourselves as a part of the project.

is this fine? or any other solutions? and is the hex file i used correct??

thank u
    Ashrok

4. n9352527

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 14, 2005
    There source code for the USB firmware is included in the framework. You can modify it to have your own device name, and don't forget to get your own VID and PID pair.

5. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    If you aren't familar with USB requirements, portions of The Specification should fill in the confusing parts, like identifiers.

Most of the "dirty work" in the document is already done by the PIC. At the same time, I've found that knowing the big picture helps a lot.