REG: acquiring of data from a sensor using a micro controller

Yeshwanth

Joined Aug 6, 2014
Hello I am working on a force detection module where I will be detecting the force at the real time. Now I want to log this values a d transfer it to a host system.

ericgibbs

Joined Jan 29, 2010
hii,
Thanks for your response.I am planning to use the PIC,and Embedded C as the programming language.
hi,
Is the signal output from the Force Detector, analog or digital.?
If analog will it require amplification.

The other consideration is amount of data you wish to save in the PIC/Memory before you download to a Host PC.

Do you have a working specification you could post.??
or a diagram.?
E

Yeshwanth

Joined Aug 6, 2014
hii,
The output will be analog, I will be using a current amplifier to boost the signals, talking on the data I dont think it will be much. The output is only force value.
I am sorry I have just started working on it. The calibration of the force module is taken care only data logging is left out.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
You can do what I do: just create an array and keep your values until you upload them. I use the build-in UART for the transfer. There are a couple issues doing this however. Onboard memory is limited, so depending on how many samples you need to save, this may or may not work for you. Also, if you lose power, or disconnect it, you'll loose all the values you've saved. If either of these issues are a show-stopper, you'll need to use flash to log your data. You can add an external flash chip or connect an SC card socket.

Good luck.