Reducing Circuits

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by farmd684, Jul 21, 2009.

1. farmd684

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 20, 2009
    I have so many home works that all are related with reding the circuits. But i m lost sometimes reducing the circuits. I wanna know is the any specific method that i can use to reduce any time of complicated circuits to simplest ones that will help me a lot.

2. StayatHomeElectronics

Sep 25, 2008
    Are you asking about digital logic circuits?

What topics have you been going over in the class that the homework is for?

3. scythe

Mar 23, 2009
    your question is very broad. what types of circuits are you looking at? resistor circuits? RCL circuits? how are you trying to simplify them? simplifying resistances? Thevenin equivalents? if you want a practical answer, you have to be a little more specific...

4. farmd684

Jan 20, 2009
    sorry for my question. I was talking about the DC circuits since i m a first year student of EEE. There are many complicated circuits which i have to solve without using any theorems like mesh node or something like that. So i have to solve them simply by hand to a simplest reduced form to find the currents and the voltage across all resistors.
    Thanks

5. StayatHomeElectronics

Sep 25, 2008
    So, series and parallel resistors with voltage and current sources?

Why don't you show an example of what you mean?

6. farmd684

Jan 20, 2009
    yup series parallel resistors with voltage and current sources thats what i m talking about.

7. StayatHomeElectronics

Sep 25, 2008
  8. farmd684

Jan 20, 2009
    THanks for that that is very helpful. But i have more complex problems that needs nodal method of reducing complex circuits.

9. The Electrician

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 9, 2007
    Give an example of one of your problems with a schematic and statement of the problem, and someone can probably help you.