RECTIFIES with Vacuum Diode

tam72f1

Joined Aug 19, 2014
Hi all!
I want to design a circuit of power that have 2 output with +/- 300V. I want to use VACUUM DIODE but i can't begin because i don't have some reference circuits. Please help me if you have some circuits!! Share them to me!! Thank you very much

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
"Apparently I'm the new kid again. I was 7 years old when that was published."
Same here...

The only tube I ever used was a high voltage rectifier from a TV. It was a project I did with a friend while in high school.
We were trying to do this:
http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Electrohydraulic Effect

It never worked but at least I survived the experience. ;)
a rectifyer from a tv would never handle such power, 15 to 20 kiloamperes? not even .01 kiloampere.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
1958- I was chief engineer of a seismographic oil exp. co & and my first daughter was one year old.
Need two filament transformers with such as 80 or 5Y3, or isolated filament like 35Z5 ( must be a better choice but can't remember one ) but plaese do not connect 2 in series with resistor across AC line like in old hot chasis radios. For + connect a plate to transformer, output from cathode; for - connect cathode to same end of transformer, output from anode; other end of trans. to ground, for + & - half wave. rectefier power supply.

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
a rectifyer from a tv would never handle such power, 15 to 20 kiloamperes? not even .01 kiloampere.
I should have said that the tube (1B6?) was supposed to work with the output of an car ignition coil to charge a capacitor. The capacitor would then be discharged using a spark gap. I did not know about ignitrons and thyratrons at the time... I still have two 2.1uF, 10 KV capacitors. :eek: