recreational trips camping ?

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
In the US, campgrounds can be a great experience. Don't expect to get away from people, camping in parks is very popular, but most of the other campers I've met are polite and good neighbors. Here where I like to camp, there is a nice lake, and we like swimming, canoeing and just watching the sun set over the water. Beats the heck out of cheap motels and even just staying at home. We like being outdoors, even when it means we still have neighbors. Price is around $18-$24 per night.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
1a. Cheap hotels suck. Campgrounds are the way to go. If you 're under 40.
I can agree to this, When I followed bands and travelled a lot as in going from one state to another every day or two, and I was a hippie following bands we would camp because the campgrounds would be full of other hippies. So I've stayed on about 100+. But I can tell you the locals of the RV park or campground can be the nicest people in the world or straight out of "Deliverance." But as you get older and you start having back issues and other issues because of age, "lifesyle" and injuries hotels start looking better and better. I had to bump my age up to 30 though, thats when camping more then a night in a month because not an option. But I do cheap hotels, they sure got some nice ones though I've stayed at occasionally or had meetings or interviews at. WOW! I would never pay that money for a room for a night but damn!

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
In the US, campgrounds can be a great experience. Don't expect to get away from people, camping in parks is very popular, but most of the other campers I've met are polite and good neighbors. Here where I like to camp, there is a nice lake, and we like swimming, canoeing and just watching the sun set over the water. Beats the heck out of cheap motels and even just staying at home. We like being outdoors, even when it means we still have neighbors. Price is around $18-$24 per night.
I really want a pop-up or RV if I'm to camp again which I wan't to do. Really the main thing that keeps me from doing it is my back injury. But with something decent to sleep on and AC to get out of the heat I could do it. Its hard to stay in that kinda heat like we have with you pain and meds.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I really want a pop-up or RV if I'm to camp again which I wan't to do. Really the main thing that keeps me from doing it is my back injury. But with something decent to sleep on and AC to get out of the heat I could do it. Its hard to stay in that kinda heat like we have with you pain and meds.
That's a pity. My mother has an mild injury at her neck. Her arms go numb when she's sleeping and she's still on the search for the perfect mattress.
You 'll probably never get rid of the pains, but hope never hurt anybody.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
That's a pity. My mother has an mild injury at her neck. Her arms go numb when she's sleeping and she's still on the search for the perfect mattress.
You 'll probably never get rid of the pains, but hope never hurt anybody.

No but thats funny you talk about the search for the perfect matress. I go thru em and get em for about $500 each year or two. I did have a friend that bought one of those superbeds for like $5000 and she said it was the best investment she ever made. I just bought a new car that has bucket seats which is really helping my back while driving. It huges your whole body where other cars your bouncing around and moving around with the car bumps and such.