recommendations to which starter kit or individual kits to start with

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by tony8404, Dec 10, 2009.

1. tony8404

Thread Starter Active Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Hello to all hope everyone is doing well. I have been reading and reading my electronic books and i finally want to start to get a hands on feel for the stuff i am taking in by reading. Not to mention i feel it may even help to understand things that are a little bit hard to understand from just reading.

I already have multism-9 i believe or is it 8 but i have that program which i do not mind using since everything is provided. But with christmas coming up i was thinking of asking for an electronic starter's kit or maybe some of the small individual kits. I would like to ask what some of you may suggest is a good kit to start with or which individual kits to start with?

I want to also use the multism program as well but feel that the actual hands on is what i really need to get under my belt.

2. Bernard

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 7, 2008
    I liked Allied Radio Electronics Lab circa 1941, one tube radio etc., but now might look at The Electronic Goldmine Cat C6933 for Delux Introduction to Kit Building & lots of others, maybe a robot.

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    The AAC text book has a good electronics section for beginners. Look at Volume 6 on the top of this screen.