Recommendation for good variable power supply?

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Silvio, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Silvio

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 2, 2015
    If you have a computer power supply the box type i mean those that are around 6" X 6" X 3" or so in size. well some of them can be made variable as long as they have a TL494 or KA7500 voltage regulator. if you find one of these I will give you some information how to convert it in a variable power supply from 1 to around 30 volts and a variable constant current from 0.1 to 10 amps depending on the ATX power supply capabilities.

Regards

Silvio

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Welcome to AAC!

A thread belongs to the OP (original poster). Trying to take over someone elses thread is called hijacking, which is not allowed at All About Circuits. I have therefore given you a thread of your very own.

In addition, you have practiced the arcane art of necromancy, the revival of a long dead thread. Likely the OP (Original Poster) has solved his problem in the years that has passed, or thrown it away, or something.

This was split from Recommendation for good variable power supply?

3. Silvio

Jul 2, 2015
    I was only trying to help out and nothing more why are all these accusations?

4. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    No accusations, but what do you expect for a 7 year old thread that no one but you has responded to in 7 years? The OP has solved his issue or moved on. Generally we frown on responding to a dead thread that is only a year old.

If you are the one needing help then start your own thread. That is how it works here.

This thread is yours. I have made it for you.

5. paulktreg

Distinguished Member

Jun 2, 2008
    No hijacking here!

The OP did ask about computer power supplies did he/she not?

Necromancy (hate that word) yes.

Can I ask a question? Why aren't old threads locked?

Brevor likes this.
  6. Silvio

Jul 2, 2015
    I simply did not notice that it was an old thread

7. paulktreg

Distinguished Member

Jun 2, 2008
    I wouldn't worry about it too much because I do the same sometimes and the mods need something to do! ;)

8. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Like Paul said, don't sweat it. There are enough clueless beginners to keep everybody busy here.

9. Brevor

Apr 9, 2011
    I will ask too, Why aren"t old threads locked?

10. Lestraveled

May 19, 2014
    Brevor, be careful or you will get you own thread. :p

AnalogKid likes this.
  11. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    They are, when a mod notices. Then there is "This thread is older than 365 days. Are you sure rou want to respond?" notice.

A user can always use their own thread, no matter how old it is. That thread belongs to them.