Recommendation: Add a bookmark utility

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
There are occasional posts (and they are usually individual posts, but sometimes entire threads) that I would like to easily be able to refer back to. Doing a Search is hit and miss. What is needed is a "Bookmark" feature. This should be very easy for XenForo to add, so I am suggesting that this be passed on to them. Here is what I think would be useful:

Add a "Bookmark" button next to the "Like" button and when you click it a dialog pops up giving you the option to enter a brief description of why you are bookmarking it.

Then in your profile you have a list of all your bookmarked posts with fields giving the name of the thread, the thread starter, the post writer, the date of the post, the date you bookmarked it, and the description you entered (if any). There could also be a checkbox next to each one allowing you to make it public so that anyone visiting your profile can see the public list of posts you have bookmarked, and why.

Unlike the "Like" feature, you should be able to bookmark your own posts. Frequently we want to refer someone to a particularly detailed post we've made previously.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Now I know I'm not near to you guy's level, but what I do is have a folder in my bookmarks (firefox) for each forum I use. That way it's easy to find stuff later.