Recommend a book for instrumentation

cyrusfox

Joined Feb 26, 2011
Looking to purchase a book to teach me more about instrumentation, my classes in process control have sort of failed me in this regard. I need something practical that will help me understand the ins and outs of data acquisition. I am working with a system where I have a couple transducers reporting back DC ratiometric voltage. I also want to control a pump based off this info. The right people for this job won't be able to lift a finger on this till December, I figure I should be able to teach myself and get it going much sooner than that.

Anyways, can anyone recommend a book for the near total neophyte such as myself. I am mostly looking at reading a return Voltage and trying to send out a current signal (4mA to 20mA) to control the pump. I have all the equipment and close to zero the know how. I have done a good amount of google searching and reading on the subject, but I really feel at my level of understanding, a lot of it either doesn't seem relevant to what I am trying to do, or it goes over my head. Any book or guide worth my time, I would really like to strengthen my understanding before I accidently fry some $500 sensors. Thanks