receycling an activator switch from a remote controlled device

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
The wiring is made for a special flat, flex cable socket. In the bottom drawing of the fan (the back) in the PDF and your photo, the top conductor (on the right end) is to your battery plus. The conductor below that is your battery minus. You can ignore the lower two conductors. You will need a way to solder two wires to the end of that cable. There may be others here that have done that, and can make recommendations.

Ken

Gibrril

Joined Oct 12, 2013
Hi,
Is the socket you are talking about the one that is uploaded in attachment (it shipped with the fan, but there is no manual on it)
It looks like it reduces the four conductors from the fan to only two.
Are these the conductors to connect to the battery plus and minus? If so, which is which?
There's two pics in attachment because I don't know which side must be facing the conductors on the fan (the "closed" side, as in photo1 or the "open side" as in photo2)?

Thanks a lot,

Gibrril

Attachments

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Can you take an Ohmmeter and check which of the four "output" terminals connect to the two "input" terminals?

ken

Last edited:

Gibrril

Joined Oct 12, 2013
Hi,

I've tried to get this hooked up (the fan and the socket) to a battery and an Ohmmeter, but the contacts are very close together and very small. I'll take this to some one with a lot more skill in this kind of miniature work this saturday. Hopefully he" ll be able to solder it together. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks a lot,
Gibrril

Gibrril

Joined Oct 12, 2013
Hi,

No luck putting it together this far... I'll keep you posted on how it goes... I'll have to find some one else to help me on the soldering....

Thanks a lot,
Gibrril