receycling an activator switch from a remote controlled device

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Just a note on the receiver. The current draw without the LM567 is about 3mA. With the LM567 it's about 7mA. When the tone is detected the current is about 11mA. This will require a little higher capacity pair of 3V lithium coin batteries than I originally envisioned.
And, you will need a non-visible way to turn it on and off.

Ken

Gibrril

Joined Oct 12, 2013
Ok, thanks!

I could perhaps insert a simple click switch so that it lines up with the side of the mat.
Thanks again!
Gibrril

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Interesting. Will it work in a horizontal orientation...flat in the carpet? I don't know the size of the e-cigarettes, but will the needed battery size for this be a problem.

ken

Gibrril

Joined Oct 12, 2013
Hi,

I see, forgot to check the power supply requirements... 10 AA batteries.... And indeed, does the orientation matter?....
Yet it looks good. I found a model railway community, I'll check for any good and compact smoke generators over there. Keep you posted,

Thanks for the awesome feedback!

Gibrril

Joined Oct 12, 2013
I'm snooping around on model railway forums to get a good idea of what is possible with these things... Keep you posted

Gibrril

Joined Oct 12, 2013
Hi, I'm back again!

It appears that model train smoke generators (according to some) produce smoke that will disappear to quickly (before it reaches the end of the tubing)
I'm looking at the cigarette once again, beacause I know the smoke can travel through as much as 70 cm of tubing (even straight up, with the cigarette on the floor and the tube running vertical) provided it gets pushed up (for which I used a little hand pump to test that out)

Yet I found these very interesting links:
SEPA micro fan SEPA HY_10A03A-ST (W x H x D) 10 x 10 x 2 mm Operating vo from Conrad Electronic UK

and:

SEPA micro fan SEPA MF_10A03A-ST (W x H x D) 10 x 10 x 2 mm Operating vo from Conrad Electronic UK

a tiny fan that could fit inside my mat...

Could I activate these using the wirelles button? Theoretically the airflow created by the fan should trigger the cigarette (an automatic one, that is) to start vaping and take the smoke through the tube.

Thanks a lot,

Gibrril

Thanks a lot,

Gibrril

Gibrril

Joined Oct 12, 2013
Hi,

I should clear up, because indeed, it becomes a bit complicated right now with all the different approaches ... The current strategy is this: the mat will contain:
1: the e-cigarette (automatic version with a sensor that detects when the user takes a puff. The e-cigarette has its own battery)
2: The fan and its battery (using a rubber tube, or part of a ballon to model animals from, I'll be able to connect the fan to the end of the cigarette, so that when it is turned on, the cigarette will think some one is taking a puff)
3: the RF receiver and its battery.
4: the tubing to take the smoke where it needs to go.

How large do you think the batteries will have to be? And how much batteries will I need?

Thanks a lot,
Gibrril

Gibrril

Joined Oct 12, 2013
And I should also mention the dimensions of the mat:
700 mm x 500 mm (and as close as I can get to 10 mm thicknes)

Gibrril

Gibrril

Joined Oct 12, 2013
By occurences you mean "times I want to produce smoke"?
If so, Within a time span of about 12 minutes ten puffs of smoke.
Each puff should take about 5 seconds max (that should procuce enough smoke)
If the act in which the mat is going to be used must be performed more than once, there will be an intermission of about 15 minutes during which time batteries can be replaced backstage. Even if the batteries are completely drained after 20 minutes, it will still be ok. (Could I use AAA batteries for this? They are small enough to fit inside and they come in recharchable versions)
Thanks a lot,
Gibrril

Gibrril

Joined Oct 12, 2013
If possible, ten puffs of smoke (each one lasting about five seconds) over a period of twelve minutes.

Thanks a lot,

Gibrril

Gibrril

Joined Oct 12, 2013
Hi,
Sorry for the long period of silence, but I had to do without an internet connection for some time...
A quick question : which oscilator should I use?
The fan should arrive any time now.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks a lot,

Gibrril

KMoffett

Joined Dec 19, 2007
Hi,
Sorry for the long period of silence, but I had to do without an internet connection for some time...
A quick question : which oscilator should I use?
The fan should arrive any time now.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks a lot,

Gibrril
If I read you right, a LMC7555. Look at the schematic in post #12.

Ken

Gibrril

Joined Oct 12, 2013
Hi,

I finally got the micro fan today... Its seems it took a while to find my door... Sorry...
I've attached the manual and a picture of the fan. Honnestly I have no idea how to hook that up to my AAA battery to test it out...
Can you provide some assistance?
If you need more info on the fan, I'll be happy to provide that for you, just ask away.
Thanks a lot,
Gibrril

Attachments