Recepie Exchange

mozikluv

Joined Jan 22, 2004
hi,

here the specialty store displays the different set of robusta beans and you just have to point which one you choose and they will immediately ground it for you. they have very dark beans (practically black), dark brown, brown and brown with a tinge of green. i like the dark brown kind.

moz

Søren

Joined Sep 2, 2006
Hi,

Tea is OK (if you add milk and a large doze of sugar :)) but making it takes time off the design process... It's just so much quicker to pour Whiskey and coke into a glass and it makes for better circuits ;)

As to eats... Little bread'ish thingíes with a cinnamon remonce (bougt ready made) saves me from wasting precious design time on healthy meals ;)
They're dry as a desert (the Whiskey 'n' Coke helps getting them down though), but strangely addictive anyway.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
Søren;19888 said:
Hi,

Tea is OK (if you add milk and a large doze of sugar :))
:eek: Round our way you'd be taken to the cleaners for saying that. Sugar destroys tea!

but making it takes time off the design process... It's just so much quicker to pour Whiskey and coke into a glass and it makes for better circuits ;)
:D Love your alternative, I suppose it makes for creativity!

Dave

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
My clever wife has found an online store where we can get raw coffee beans at a good price. The roasting machine was expensive, but will pay for itself in about eighteen weeks. The coffee is DARN good, too!

I'm told that folk in Bangalor make good tea while violating all the English tea rules. Anyone know more about this?

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I'm told that folk in Bangalor make good tea while violating all the English tea rules. Anyone know more about this?
:eek: The visions of horror. The rules for English tea in the North UK is as follows: Brew it long and strong, add little/no sugar, and drink it with milk. Also you have to be posh to get it from a tea pot - which northerners normally aren't :D

Dave

m4yh3m

Joined Apr 28, 2004
I know I'm coming in late with this, but...

What's the States equivalent of Golden Syrup?

Honey? Maple? Corn? Or the yummy goodness known as Karo syrup, which tastes like diabetic shock that sticks to the roof of your mouth...

Gadget

Joined Jan 10, 2006
Golden syrup is thick, Amber coloured and very sweet.... a byproduct of sugar refining. Perhaps a little like your "Treacle"...... maple syrup might also do, but it isn't is thick or sweet.

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
Here in the States, we simply import Lyles. :) Local products also include molasses (use unsulphured only, the sulphered and blackstrap are nasty) and sorghum (Benton County sorghum is the best).

m4yh3m

Joined Apr 28, 2004
While the thought of hot tea makes me sick to my stomach... I can also understand it, being it's much cooler up there. When you start living in more southern regions, hot tea is akin to thirsting for a cup of hot water on a 95 degree day. I'll stick to sweet iced tea. If you throw in a few bags of Earl Grey, it really makes quite a concoction.

As for the syrups.... I'll hit the stores and see if they carry it around here. I'll experiment with other types too. Is the coconut noticeable in the cookies? Not too big of a fan of it, but if it's just one of those "i can't quite figure out what that taste is hidden amongst the real flavor" then i'm all for it.

terrytapp

Joined Mar 30, 2006
What do you good folk like to snack on while designing schematics, laying out boards, calculating component values, or blowing up MOSFETs?

I like reconstituted powdered tabouli on "tortilla" corn chips. On hot summer days, frozen peas and frozen pre-cooked salad shrimp are quite nice. Edemame steamed in the shell is also really good.
I don't know guys... but we were taught never to bring food or drink around any projects we are doing. Strickly forbidden. lol :p
The only recognizable food I see you guys talk about is tortilla chips, shrimp, peas, and Edemame which is a brand of soy bean. And of course tea, but thats a drink.

Terry
btw, we Americans eat and drink to much anyways... :eek:

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I don't know guys... but we were taught never to bring food or drink around any projects we are doing. Strickly forbidden. lol :p
The only recognizable food I see you guys talk about is tortilla chips, shrimp, peas, and Edemame which is a brand of soy bean. And of course tea, but thats a drink.

Terry
btw, we Americans eat and drink to much anyways... :eek:
I'd have a word with your boss - no food around projects :eek: How are you expected to do overtime?! Plus I'm convinced a crumb or two helps the odd design :D

Indeed Gadget is right, tea is a name for your evening meal, although in the UK we say that only the posh call it "tea"!

Dave

m4yh3m

Joined Apr 28, 2004
Indeed Gadget is right, tea is a name for your evening meal, although in the UK we say that only the posh call it "tea"!

Dave
Kind of like here in the states with the Supper vs. Dinner.

Ask a yankee what supper is... Supper is the last meal of the day! Good to be southern!

thingmaker3

Joined May 16, 2005
I currently only eat breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, and supper. I've been thinking of adding second breakfast, elevensies, afternoon tea, and bedtime snack. The only thing stopping me: I don't want to be short with hairy feet...:D

My excellent wife made gumbo with shrimp and sausage tonight. Yum.

Dave

Joined Nov 17, 2003
I currently only eat breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, and supper. I've been thinking of adding second breakfast, elevensies, afternoon tea, and bedtime snack. The only thing stopping me: I don't want to be short with hairy feet...:D
Psst, I've been doing that for years!! :D

Kind of like here in the states with the Supper vs. Dinner.
So which is the posh one then, Supper or Dinner?

Dave