rear view camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

akramer08

Joined Jan 23, 2013
I had an idea for a new project. I want to install a backup camera on my car but I want to actually make it not buy it. It sounds like a simple project, but Im not incredibly familiar with electronics.

I want three cameras on the back of my car; one pointing straight back, one to the left, and one to the right. The ones on the sides would point at an angle so when backing out of a parking spot I can see oncoming cars you normally cant until you back out further. I dont need anything to record, just a live view. If possible, I want all 3 images on one screen; either all in a horizontal row or in a pyramid. If all 3 on one screen is not possible, 3 screens is ok.

If anything I said isnt very clear just let me know and Ill see if I can explain my idea a little better. Thanks for any help in advance.

mcgyvr

Joined Oct 15, 2009
The only thing really "beginner" DIY with those is the plastic enclosure to mount the camera board.. Other than that is just a board level camera with yellow composite output..

Or do you want to buy a cmos/ccd image sensors/buy circuit boards/ic'etc.. to build the camera module?

or are you talking about designing the display portion/coding to combine 3 images?

or all 3

akramer08

Joined Jan 23, 2013
Your 3rd option seems best to describe mine. Im open to using arduinos or raspberry pis if needed (although no experience with either).

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The owners of All About Circuits has elected not to host discussions of automotive electrical system modifications/enhancements due to safety concerns, the potential of legal ramifications and the possible circumvention of vehicle regulations at the state and federal level.

This thread is against the AAC forum rules, Chapter 6, as seen here:

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
  • Automotive modifications
  • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
  • LEDs to mains
  • Phone jammers
  • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
  • Transformer-less power supplies
This can be found in our Terms of Service (ToS)

Automotive modifications of any kind are strictly forbidden. Therefore, this thread will be closed.

Please try to understand the reasons behind this action, and feel free to browse and use the forums.

You might find answers to your questions in one of these forums:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=54400

Another good forum that shares many of the same membership is http://www.electro-tech-online.com/ . Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.