Realtek Audio97 Problem

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by allied, Apr 4, 2007.

1. allied

Thread Starter Active Member

Mar 11, 2007
    My friend loss her driver for the audio of her computer after reformat it. I confirm it after accesing the DXDIAG. We dont have the CD. It is possible to copy the driver or software from other computer that have realtek audio97 driver? & I plan to download it from the internet but the problem is that it only open or save on my computer... I plan to save it on my USB flash drive so that I can install it from her PC...

Allied

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    If you save the driver on your computer, you will be able to transfer it to hers with your flash drive. Place the file in a temporary folder on her computer and run it to install.

3. allied

Mar 11, 2007
    Hi beenthere

Could you please tell me how to do it( step by step)..im not really good regarding to computer..thanks

Allied

4. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Download the Realtek driver to your computer. You could save it to the flash drive. Put the flash drive in you friend's computer, and transfer the file to a folder on her hard drive. Then, just double click the file to run and install the driver.

5. allied

Mar 11, 2007
    hi beenthere..

How? could you tell me. thanks

6. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Select and download the driver for your OS from Realtek. If you download the executable (file extension .exe) just double click and it will install the driver. If you download a zip file (file extension .zip), you need to extract the executable first. I would recommend that you download the executable.

Dave