Really classy Texas HS Football team.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GopherT, Sep 7, 2015.

1. GopherT

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012

Ejected from game.
    Suspended from the HS league.
    Suspended from school.
    Possibly facing criminal charges.

2. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    I'm hoping they get arrested for aggravated assault. Of course, with their other players ejected from the game for fighting, one wonders if the coach was instigating those activities.

BTW, they lost the game big time.

cmartinez likes this.
  3. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    At least they are being criticized for something real.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  4. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Actually, in the report I read, they lost by 6 points.

It is a game, not warfare. To me, that term ignores and partially excuses an inexcusable act.

John

5. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    Your right, it was 15-9. I'll try not to trust the words of those reporters.

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/1john-jay-marble-falls-referee-robert-watts headline said the referee was "targeted".

Apparently it's not the first time a ref in TX high school football was "targeted" ...

6. GopherT

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    I wonder what kind of coaching & parenting these kids get that caused them to believe they had a good idea (if the idea was, in fact, their idea - see below).

I was wondering about the coach's involvement. If the players hitting the refs were 3rd-stringers those positions, it is possible. If they were starters, not so likely.

7. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    Personally I can recall the experiences our team had in HS sports and to be honest there were a few refs that needed to be hit hard a few times to wake them up to the concept of fair play.

One basketball game we had a highly biased ref to the point the people in the stands were even aware of it. In one play one of my buddies went to pass the ball but instead of the ball going directly to me it went directly to that refs head, Hard! :cool:

The crowds cheered and the refs calls became a whole lot fairer after that. :D

8. JoeJester

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 26, 2005
    The latest on this is the two players accused the referee of "cheating" and directing racial slurs at them.

Of course that came about after their suspension and removal from the team.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I have walked away from games where it was clear the zebras were on one of the teams. Much safer than blind-siding the jerk(s). ;)

Then again, I don't care much about sports. I also walked out of a Tampa Bay Buccaneer's game after the same person ran with the ball for 20 plays in a row. The other team isn't going to figure that one out, are they!:D

jpanhalt likes this.
  10. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    I had assumed you were civilized. Now I know.
    Division I football scholarships don't put much emphasis on"scholar."

John

#12 likes this.