real time simulation for buck converter

octopus dive

Joined Jun 7, 2013
hi, i really need help in completing a project which consists about real-time simulation of buck converter. i want to know whether i can use PIC16F877A to do the real time simulation and how to do it?..really need ASAP replies..thanks:)

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
What do you mean "real-time"? Typically a simulation runs slower than real-time due to the complexities of the calculations needed for the simulation. If you really need real-time simulation of a buck converter than you would likely need help from a supercomputer. ;)

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
You might want to ask your teacher (or boss) to explain the assignment a little more clearly.

What you posted is:

PIC16F877A

which is a uP.

To do a simulation requires a Spice model or saber model or something built of SOFTWARE.

bountyhunter

Joined Sep 7, 2009
What do you mean "real-time"? Typically a simulation runs slower than real-time due to the complexities of the calculations needed for the simulation. If you really need real-time simulation of a buck converter than you would likely need help from a supercomputer. ;)
Or you could go to nat Semi (now TI) they have free online "live simulation" runs for most of their switchers. Pick a buck like the LM2575 and run that.