Real time problems

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I have been noticing several requests for circuits that would push a button instead of a person using their finger. I think this is the apex of human laziness but, if people are willing to pay for it, design a universal button presser.

Start with an input stage which will respond to small signals and protect itself from large signals. Have that make something that can be aimed at a button move.

TheButtonThief

Joined Feb 26, 2011
My cooker doesn't have a timer and those mechanical ones from the shop aren't loud enough to hear from my kitchen (my living room is a long way from the kitchen). Perhaps design for me, a digital one with a loud buzzer.

Also, my washing machine doesn't give an audible notification that the cycle is complete, I would love it if it did. The only problem is that the machine is currently under a 3 year warranty and therefore I don't want to "modify" it. There is an LED on the front that lights up red when the cycle starts to indicate that the door is locked and it changes to green when the cycle is finished and the door is unlocked. Perhaps a sensor placed over the LED could provide a signal to a circuit that will give a nice loud audible notification.

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
:)Perhaps a circuit which could accept an input in the form of a warning light or a buzzer tone, or both, and transmit to a phone. The phone would require an "app" to then signal that the washing machine is done or the microwave has stopped, or other such modern conveniences have otherwise concluded their operations and the lazy little turd playing games on his smart phone needs to stop and tend to the interruption of his fun times.