real time object tracking

usamazahid1

Joined Jun 28, 2007
i want to real time object tracking using a robot.the task is to follow a ball .first locate then move.i am new and i have no idea in doing this .i know various algorithms like edge detection ,corelation and segmentation will be used but please tell me any tutorials with codes . which will be better and easy
MATLAB
Visual Basic using active X control probably called video.ocx

delmasli

Joined Sep 17, 2009
Same as you, I want to do something like that. In the beginning it will be a motion detector. It is possible to use sonic sensors to take a snap picture of room or location (such as 10m radius). Sensors will simultaniously check the objects and inform the MCU. If there exists any differantiation about objets distance's, MCU will calculte and make a decision where and how much an object is moving. So here we need some algorithms. And after that it will inform the user by a LCD screen or leds. I don't know if it is possible to use these PIR detectors. It detects motion perfectly but I dont know how accurate they are? I mean I dont know any knowledge about light angle (such as 30degree or 60degree) vs range.

Last edited:

delmasli

Joined Sep 17, 2009
It depends on which platform that you gonna use. I'm talking about Hardware of the system. MCU, Microprocessor, PLC or any other. I use MCUs and so the software is Embedded Code (mostly C). MCU something has 128KROM would be enough for a good start to wrote code of ball tracking algorithm.

Last edited: