Real Manage Attachments

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by spinnaker, Jan 6, 2011.

1. spinnaker

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Oct 29, 2009
    There are a number of times where I wanted to post an image in a thread I have already posted in another thread. I have no choice but to upload it again.

In other forums, when I press manage attachments, I can see all of the already uploaded images and attach those. Plus I can delete images.

I would think this would save somewhat on the resources of the forum.

Will we ever see such capability here?

2. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    User CP | Attachments (near bottom left side)

See list, click on image you want and paste. At the bottom of the list, there is a "Show Thumbnails" option that gives you a preview of all your image attachments.

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I do it differently and routinely.

You can click on and existing picture on anyone's thread, and pull up properties. In the properties you can find the address. The address can be a little strange, it is double listing the location, so trim the first http:/ of if it is there. Put it between the {img}{/img} brackets and there it is. You can use anyone's past attachment using this technique. The image can be off site, though this is frowned upon.

As thatoneguy said, you can also look through your old attachments you have posted using this technique (same thing he said, just reviewing it).

Click <User CP>
    Click <Attachments> on the bottom of the list on the left side of the screen.
    Click <Show Thumbnails> on the bottom of the screen. The pictures will show.

4. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
  5. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Ya still have to click "Show Thumbnails". Can't make it too easy, sheesh.

6. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003