reading usb data received from a joystick from the PIC18F4550 microcontroller

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by sdil@yahoo.com, Jun 21, 2009.

1. sdil@yahoo.com

Thread Starter New Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Hi, I'm a university student and I'm working on an embeded project. In a part of my project, I need to read the usb packets emitted by a USB joystick through a pic microcontroller. I used the PIC18F4550 and tried using the HID functions in the MICROC librarry. But the HID_read() function does not show any data recieved from the joystick. I configured the descriptor properly as well. I'm not sure as to what the error is. All the similar projects that i found in the net were projects that made a microcontroller function as a joystick or usb device. But what i want to do is to read the usb packets(data recieved) from a usb joystick from the microcontroller. I'm not sure if i can do this from the way that i tried. Can some one help me? Where do i need to correct myself? Or is there another way of doin this? Please help.

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
  3. mauro.laurenti

May 8, 2009
  4. RaymondJayShawn

Nov 1, 2008
    Hi,
    I wonder how you read the usb signal? what type of usb joystick are you using?