Reading pixels of ILX511

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Bluestar88, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Bluestar88

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 16, 2014
    I have a problem for reading from ilx511(CCD Linear Image Sensor). ilx511 has 2048 pixels.According to page 3 and 4, every pixels has a value and the its output is pin of 1. How can read from any pixel? Please help me...

2. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    The pixel data has to be read serially from pin 1 by applying >2k clock pulses to pin 5 of the IC within a readout period defined by a gate pulse applied to pin 11. Pages 5 and 6 of the datasheet show the pulse timing. Note that the output signal has a DC offset.

3. Bluestar88

Nov 16, 2014
    Thanks for your good response. I have another question...What is the extent of any pixel? Do I have to use shift register? In the other word, after pin 1 of ilx511, what component Do I take?And how I can reach to extent of a pixel(for example pixel of 221)? Please help me...I am confused...Please help....

4. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    It's one sample.
    For what? A microprocessor with A/D converter built in would normally be used I guess. Don't forget you are reading analogue values, not digital ones.
    In non-S/H mode for example (see page 5), sample n is read on the 32+n th clock pulse after the initial 'start' pulse, as I understand the datasheet.

Bluestar88 likes this.
  5. Bluestar88

Nov 16, 2014
    Thanks Dear Alec, You really helped me.
    I have some questions.
    What is output? Is it Vout versus time?
    And what effect does frequency (for example 2MHz) has on Vout or clock timing?
    I will be grateful from you.

6. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    The bottom of page 4 shows the typical output voltage, which varies with sensor illumination but has a DC offset.
    Maximum clock frequency is specified as 2MHz. The optical characteristics are specified for a 1MHz clock frequency.
    BTW, I have never used one of these ICs (someone else on the forum may have practical experience of it). You should be able to get all the info you need from the datasheet.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
    Bluestar88 likes this.
  7. Bluestar88

Nov 16, 2014
    I wanna generate gate pulse and clk pulse (for deriving ilx511) by using timer0 and timer1 of Atmega 128 as I can able to read ilx511. Can help everybody about their frequencies?
    What frequency is sufficient for gate pulse and CLK pulse?