Re-Wire 6730c or N72 primary camera.

Shidoshi

Joined Oct 28, 2010
Hello folks,

I am looking to rewire the original primary camera on either of these phones, my query is whether I can just add a low resistance cable like SATA or even IDE cable from the contacts on the board to the camera?

On the N72 the pins are minute and there are something like 30 contacts on the flat cable but the 6730c has 8 contacts under the camera, when I removed the camera support block it showed 8 contact points + 3x2 what I can assume are ground contacts.

If I rewire cable from the contacts on the PCB to the contacts on the camera with an additional 15cm long cable, will this project work in theory or will I need an induction source amplifying each cable and/or extra ground for each cable?

The N72 is a pain in the butt, the flat cable has 15x2 contacts running in the flex, I have contacted the Nokia manufacturer to see whether they could supple me with a extension connector male/female to just add it on or if they would supple me with a longer flex with the camera already soldered onto extra 15cm cable, no reply yet, it has only been a day though, plus being the weekend and all...

Open to thoughts/ideas, no flame or spam please, if you can't be productive in your criticism, don't waste your time in replying, this is a serious job.