Re-Use of old PC analog monitor

jeka616

Joined Jan 14, 2009
Good day folks.

I have an old PC monitor. I want to use it as a monitor on survailance camera.

Has anybody tried to use monitor as a TV? Maybe can share ideas before I go on my own experiments.

It has a dozen wires at output, anybody has any ideas which ones are Video/Audio input?

Appreciate ahead.

grunge

Joined Feb 2, 2009
Is the monitor already in pieces? If you want to use it for video surveillance or T.V. you can use a composite to VGA converter. I work in the IT department for a security company. I can get you model numbers if you need them. However, if the monitor is already in pieces, I don't know if I can help. Good Luck!

jeka616

Joined Jan 14, 2009
The monitor is in one piece, and working ok. The only thing, I 've cut the rs232 cable connector, so there are bunch of wires now looking at me :)

I just don't now which is what. So, you are saying I need some type of converter..I thought buy pluging an audio/video source into it will do..but now seems not..

Anyways, thanks for ideas. And if you can suggest something more, please do so.

THanks

kubeek

Joined Sep 20, 2005
Since you cut the d-sub off, then you simply have nothing to connect anything to. Do you still have the connector you cut off? Then try to find to which pins did the wires go.

In our local market here we got chinese products :
1- TV box which is connected directly to the monitor data cable and has inputs for anntenna ,Video In and audio out
2-Tv Main board with Remote control and everything to remove the monitor's PCB and insert this board and conect the crt connector and using the crt same yoke and should make some adjustments and it will work as a TV with Video in and out .
All these products you could find on the web