Re-Use cameras from Non Working phones

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Abraham Mwangi Njogu, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Abraham Mwangi Njogu

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 27, 2016
    Dear Sirs/Madams

I am from Kenya and am expounding on the possibility of re-using a dead phones camera to use as surveillance for my house.

I need help with the Circuitry components and design .

Thanks

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    This is very difficult even with the right skills and equipment.

The exception is if you can use the entire phone as is, but your question implied removing the camera.

3. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
  4. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    I can't imagine Apple would provide any standard interface in one of their phones!

5. Morvan

Jun 24, 2014
    Hi. The cameras I saw, whenever I opened some cellular, whether Smart type or no, it had a proprietary interface, attached to it via some flat cable. Nothing to connect via USB, for instance. Sorry, but your plan seems no practical.
    Besides, focal point, in such cameras is put to inifinite (∞), and, so on, case of surveillance cameras, it is not a desirable situation, at all, when we need focus exactly what we need capture, in details!

6. blocco a spirale

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 18, 2008
    Have you ever looked at the camera in a phone?
    Have you seen the tiny ribbon that connects it to the rest of the electronics?
    Why do you think there is only one type of camera used in phones and that adding a few components will make it work?