Rcif flag problem

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by aneeshmp200745, Mar 17, 2010.

1. aneeshmp200745

Thread Starter New Member

Feb 24, 2010
    sir im try to implement a system with GSM MODEM which is integrated in such away that pic microcontroller as heart gsm based device control
    i used serial receiving part as interrupt once any messege comes its goes to interrupt routine but it is not exiting from interrupt service routine i found that RCIF flag stay as high always can anyone help me

thanks in advance!!

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    There are at least two other things you need to do. You need to enable the Receive Complete Interrupt by setting RCIE (Receive Complete Interrupt Enable) to a 1, and there is a Global Interrupt Enable (GIE) which also needs to be set to a 1.

3. aneeshmp200745

Feb 24, 2010
    RCIE AND GIE ARE ENABLED but and it goes to interrupt routine my problem is it is not coming out from ISR

4. retched

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 5, 2009
    Are you looping in the ISR? Or are you exiting to return?

5. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    You probably need to clear RCIF with an instruction sequence. Consult the datasheet. Don't forget to exit the interrupt routine with a RETFIE instruction or you won't clean things up properly.

6. aneeshmp200745

Feb 24, 2010
    yes im exiting from interrupt routine but it is not coming back to main program i cleared the flag RCIF I USE isr for GSM MESSAGE READ im writing code in embedded c not in assembly

hoping....help

7. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Is the interrupt routine identified as an interrupt routine so the compiler knows to end it with RETFIE instead of another variant? Most compilers allow you to look at the assembly language output so you can check what is going on.

8. BMorse

Sep 26, 2009
    why not post your code so it would be much easier instead of playing this guessing game???

B. Morse