RC Toys

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Where can I get a 4 propeller helicopter thingy ?

Or is it possible to make one.
If so , how should I go about it?

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Look up quadcopter on the internet. Lots of people make them. They are controlled with mcus. Many even have GPS and cameras.

wmodavis

Joined Oct 23, 2010
A friend in the Philippines just graduated from a 6 prop to an 8. He does a lot of commercial jobs. Don't know if you can look at his FB page but he has some pics there. Looks like pretty cool stuff.

JayK026

Joined Feb 26, 2012
You want a helicopter with counter rotating blades, like E-Flight makes? Or are you wanting a four (4) bladed main rotor setup like on the scale helis? E-flight decent and cheap, great for beginners. Scale helis can run in the thousands of $

JayK026

Joined Feb 26, 2012
The ones that look like a cross with 4 propellers, 4 motors and I'm guessing.. 4 ESC's, not to mention a good battery like a lithium polymer + radio gear, frame work and possibly some gyros for stability. I really dont think it could be built for less than u can buy it for. Unless you've got the stuff laying around.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
U'll be surprised to find out.

I am thinking of buying parts and making one. Make it the way I like it.

Just like to know what I have to do to make this thing.

I can buy stuffs. But I rather make one u know.

So tell me..

I just want one good strong one with four rotors. Mount a HD cam and u know the rest.

So what will it take ?

jrm

Joined Oct 11, 2011
The drone is pretty cool but the radio link is over the 802.11 radio and can be problematic. It uses an ultrasonic range finder at low altitudes and will maintain altitude very well as long as it gets a bounce. The gyro is pretty decent as well with a low creep rate. If you get in a bind you can just release the controls and will immediately settle into a stable hover. Just be sure to disable sleep mode on the phone. I forgot to turn it off and lost the link mid flight once. I grabbed it in the air from below not thinking about the ultrasonic range finder bouncing a signal off my hand and had to hold it at full throttle until I could re-pair the radios. :)

I had one of these laying around the shop for awhile but never flew it. It seemed to be a much higher quality unit with a nice Futaba transmitter and longer range live video link. http://www.draganfly.com/