Rascal Scooter Repair

bartmcneill

Joined Aug 15, 2014
My Rascal 305 will not move, batteries charged, brake released. The processor blinks 6 times and best I can tell this means the forward/reverse lever is not set in neutral. I checked it with a meter and set it in the middle where it read total resistance. When I pull the levers, the resistance goes down on either the white or red wire depending on which lever is pulled. It appears to be working. Any ideas? Where is the best place for information on these?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
Where is the best place for information on these?
Medical devices, like your scooter, should have redundant circuitry. There is likely a second method the machine uses to inform the microcontroller(s) that it is in neutral.

Because of liability, the best place to take it is a Rascal Scooter Service Cemter. They will likely replace full boards and/or sensors. Your insurance will likely cover the repairs/replacement.

bartmcneill

Joined Aug 15, 2014
No insurance. This is the fourth electric mobile vehicle I have owned and repaired (or trying to repair in this case). I sell them at my cost to needy individuals or in one case gave one away. Don't know of a dealer around here in Oklahoma. My knee went out the other day and I may have to keep this one.