rascal mobility scooter 260 LE

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
Have you checked continuity in the wires? Some times wires can break inside the insulation without showing out side. Check wires from hand control to motor control and from motor control to motor. Also from battery to control.

cath

Joined Aug 12, 2011
Have you checked continuity in the wires? Some times wires can break inside the insulation without showing out side. Check wires from hand control to motor control and from motor control to motor. Also from battery to control.
All checks been made.

iONic

Joined Nov 16, 2007
The control box was replaced after it lost drive. dont no if the H bridge or relays drive the motors Fwd/rev? a bit to technical for me?
Need chronology: Why did you replace the control box?
Did the failure you describe occur require you to replace the control box and if so is it the same failure again with this new box?

Also:
How old is the scooter?
Who replaced the parts?
Is it under warranty?

I know my scooter controller uses 4 relays. One relay is just a power on switch, the other three I'm sure are for forward/Reverse as I did not find an H-Bridge configuration. There are just two heat sinked 220 pkg. A FET and perhaps a Diode, can't remember. The revised controller for my scooter only uses three relays. It appears that they may have removed the power on relay. Funny as that relay would probably see the least use and would last the longest. I suspect his controller is similar to mine.

cath

Joined Aug 12, 2011
Need chronology: Why did you replace the control box?
Did the failure you describe occur require you to replace the control box and if so is it the same failure again with this new box?

Also:
How old is the scooter?
Who replaced the parts?
Is it under warranty?

I know my scooter controller uses 4 relays. One relay is just a power on switch, the other three I'm sure are for forward/Reverse as I did not find an H-Bridge configuration. There are just two heat sinked 220 pkg. A FET and perhaps a Diode, can't remember. The revised controller for my scooter only uses three relays. It appears that they may have removed the power on relay. Funny as that relay would probably see the least use and would last the longest. I suspect his controller is similar to mine.
I have been working on the scooter all day as usual. Also been reading info on the web.Found the problem!!! Something so simple that i had not tried. I took the key out & put it back in again. hey presto. Drive. May i say a big thankyou to you all for keeping in touch with me through it all. & for all your advice.