Random machine control

shadnov

Joined Aug 17, 2016
Hi All.

I hope you are all doing excellent and also, hope you can help me.

Today I contact you as I am having some issue when programming a PLC.

I need to create a piece of software that:

1) Can control a random number of machines at any given time.
2) Each machine is a slave
3) They are exactly the same, do exactly the same thing.

--------------

So far I have managed to create a piece of code that allows me to control a fixed number of machines but things get complicated when one job does not need 10 machines but 20 and the next one needs 15, and the next need 5 and so on.

I have thought to use arrays to do this job but this is an area I have not touched at all and I would like to ask for your advice in this area.

I hope everything is understood.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Marley

Joined Apr 4, 2016
Does it allow you to use re-usable code (function blocks)? Can you write a function block that fully controls one machine?
Call this function block as many times as necessary.
It will be important that this function block does not have any waits or delays inside so that the PLC can spin through all the machines quickly.

shadnov

Joined Aug 17, 2016
Does it allow you to use re-usable code (function blocks)?
If I understood what you said clearly, then yes.

Can you write a function block that fully controls one machine?
Actually, we already do that, there is a function block per machine, a block created by us, and such block can be used as many times as you want.

So, let's call that block, machine block# [place a number here] as it controls the basics of any machine.

The issue comes when you do not want to use all block but only a bunch of them, say 5, because the job that day only requires 5 of them instead of 10.

Call this function block as many times as necessary.
It will be important that this function block does not have any waits or delays inside so that the PLC can spin through all the machines quickly.
Exactly.
Do you guys understand so far?

Thank you by the way.

I am pulling my hair off for this.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
How are you controlling the machines at present? You say you have several under control, do you have I/O for each machine?
If so Then a MCR for each one could be switched in and out as needed, If the I/O's are the same for all machines then an output to external relay on each machine could be used to enable/diable the control circuitry as needed.
I use mostly Mitsubishi and A.B. so not really familiar with Schneider.
Max.

shadnov

Joined Aug 17, 2016
How are you controlling the machines at present? You say you have several under control, do you have I/O for each machine?
If so Then a MCR for each one could be switched in and out as needed, If the I/O's are the same for all machines then an output to external relay on each machine could be used to enable/diable the control circuitry as needed.
I use mostly Mitsubishi and A.B. so not really familiar with Schneider.
Max.
Excuse my ignorance, but what does MRC stand for?