RAM Module

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by dodger, Apr 14, 2008.

1. dodger

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 14, 2008
    Design a 4K x 8 memoery module using 1K x 4 RAM chips

2. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    So, where are you lost?

Why don't you pull up some datasheets for 4k x 8-bit memories, and 1k x 4-bit memories?

You should also know whether you need static or dynamic memory.

3. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    You might get more positive responses if you adopt a less imperious tone in your posts. You need to show some industry.

4. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Papabravo,
    I know where you're coming from - but the original poster has a primary language that is obviously not English. I tend to grant a significant amount of leeway for such posters.

Language translation is difficult.
    An early computerized translation from English to Russian was:
    "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."
    that came back as:
    "The wine is agreeable, but the meat has spoiled."

Try to be gracious and understanding. There is generally something lost in the translation.

5. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Are you seriously suggesting that we respond to such posts in a dishonest fashion? I don't think such a pretense serves either the OP or the other members. I made two positive suggestions which the OP can take or ignore as the mood moves him. I see nothing in the original post, like a location, that would lead me to the conclusions which you think I should have come to. I would encourage the OP, whatever his difficulties, to try and ask a question that would help us understand his requirements.

If you or the OP think my response was out of line then I encourage you to take it up with one of the moderators. I'm happy to put my faith in their judgement.